Thursday, December 5, 2013

Blog Post #13 What Else?

This is my final blog post and it is dedicated to Dr. Rhodes’ class. I loved loved loved this class. Can anyone say active learning? Every time I went to class I was fully engaged and would not even notice how much I was absorbing.  There were so many times that I said to myself after class “damn, that was a good conversation”. The class really felt like a place where you could ask questions without being judged. It’s also nice to have a professor who is able to answer almost every single one of those questions ;). I am so happy to have had the opportunity to take Dr. Rhodes’ class and equally as sad that it is ending. Anyone want more beers and banana nut muffins? Remember when we learned about power by making chair sculptures? Ugh, why can’t every class be in the school of social work? In addition to the wonderful subject matter and professor, all of my peers are beautiful people. I look forward to having more classes with all of you. Happy winter break!


Observation: Walking into Dr. Rhodes' class feels like a bunch of high fives.

3 comments:

  1. I've been so sentimental this whole week leaving my classes! This is my second class with Diane and, just like last time, it was my favorite this semester. I loved hanging out and learning with all of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely take you up on that offer of beer and banana nut muffins! :) Yeah I don't know what happened, but my appreciation for my classmates and professors like Dr. Rhodes has totally grown. I wish games like the chair one could be done in other classes and places. Joy should not be contained in such a small space or building right? Its meant to be shared! Like at the UTC lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just let me know a time and place - I love beer and muffins!

    ReplyDelete